Monday, December 29, 2008

Sleep, Flowers, a New Year, oh my!

This is Eileen here - all of the other entries have been posted by my husband, John. Now I'm ready to enter the blogging world. I got my rear out of bed this morning at the lovely time of 10:15. I think the last time I did that was when I was - excuse me, sorry for the interruption - I had to go help my youngest son go potty. That's what I got for Christmas this year - my littlest goes "poopin on the potty" instead of in diapers!!!!!! Okay - so, some of you would be thrilled with a tennis bracelet - believe me - this gift is priceless. Anyway - back to the last time I slept in - I think I was twenty-three and large amount of alcohol was invloved so maybe it would be classified as "passing out", but still, I haven't slept in for a long time. (Just wondering - should I divulge this information in my very first blog entry? TMI? Your thoughts? Comments? You're only young once....)

Saturday the 27th was the end of our resposibilities to other people for the year 2008 and that's why I could sleep like the dead this morning. My friends, Becky and Bob, had a reception to celebrate their private wedding in the summer. It was a great event and I was honored to do the flowers. So I was up bright and early on the morning of the 26th doing one of my favorite things: flower arranging. The arrangements arrived safely after my thirty minute drive to Nipomo thanks to John's packing of the flowers in my mini-van - yes, I drive one of those, but none of my boys play soccer - yet. Vans are the proof that there is evil on the planet. Anyway, I set up the room, changed into nicer clothes, and then enjoyed a phenomenal dinner and danced my tail off. (Huge stress reliever!)

Now we're all just hanging out awaiting our two sets of house guests that will arrive before new year's to celebrate what we at the Calandro house think of as the most anticlimactic holiday of the year. We celebrate by doing a jigsaw puzzle, eating ourselves sick from our chocolate fountain, and watching the ball drop in downtown SLO. We look forward to it every year.

2008 will go down in our record book as one of the most fun-filled, action packed, crazy years ever. Thanks to everyone who has travelled from afar to take part in the craziness and add their own special piece to the whole; and a thank you to the friends, and neighbors, who put up with us on a daily basis - you are a crucial part of all that happens here in our house and we are grateful for your tolerance and willingness to participate. Here's to 2008 and I look forward to a blog-filled 2009. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment